Saturday, February 4, 2017

I'm Not Getting Over It

The message seems to be that I should just move on. Well, not me personally but everyone who's pigskin passport was issued by Patriots Nation. Move on. Get over it. Haters gonna hate so shake it off, shake it off. Let it go, let it go… Oh wait, that lyric is all about letting it all out while I'm being asked to keep it all inside. And you'll go gay if you sing it. Well, that's what I heard.

Where was I?

Oh, right. Unreasonably bitter and angry.



This is for everyone west of the Connecticut River…

I thought I was over it. Bemused, in fact, by those pathetic trolls who cling to the past, who see conspiracy and subplots in their six degrees of Spygate, who willingly deny fact and science to salvage the flimsy narrative they've constructed to justify their false claims to the crown and a rationale for their ceaseless sadness.

Then a delusional Marshall Faulk revisits alternative facts regarding those cheating Patriots taping the Rams workout before SB36. Does he get called out for the lie and being a sore loser? No. His beliefs are granted full consideration. We're reminded that Deflategate did happen (stipulated - I've moved on, why haven't you?) so any beliefs, theories or suppositions that aligns with the Cheating Patriots narrative deserves thoughtful examinantion. Regardless of whether or not those beliefs, theories or suppositions have been debunked, apparently.

The Patriots are proven cheaters, Pats fans! Get over it!

Yeah, okay, maybe - maybe because you never know with those Cheating Patriots - Deflategate was a witch hunt or a re-litigation of Spygate or both. Your Patriots still win more often than Jesus playing blackjack, so why so angry?

Why am I angry?

So the NFL spent over $50,000,000 to smear the good name of the greatest Patriot of all time, ignoring the Ideal Gas Law (a law!) and scientific evidence. Why should that bother me? Instead, the League chose a year old text message as their "smoking gun" in the case against Tom Brady. Why should that bother me? To this day, Roger Goodell maintains there was a process (which apparently involved leaking false information to his droogs at ESPN) and the courts vindicated his judgment (they didn't). Why should that bother me? Brady is a proven liar and a cheater (though it would also be an honor to hand him the MVP trophy). Why should that bother me? Instead of contempt for Goodell, there seems to be a fawning appreciation for the ease with which he lies.

Why should any of that bother me?

By the way, I've decided going forward to refer to Brady as the greatest Patriot of all time instead of simply the greatest player of all time.

Because you can't have him anymore. You don't deserve him. He's ours. He's the GPOAT.

I guess I'm being ridiculous. I mean, GPOAT. Right? I've got to do better than that. Greatest of all Patriots? GOAP. Hm. Still needs work. Anyway...

I guess I'm just being angry and bitter. Again.

Yeah. I'm not over it. I'm not moving on.

Maybe you should get over me not getting over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment