Monday, November 27, 2023

Pigskin Acceptance

It's starting to not hurt as much watching the Patriots lose.


I'm not sure that's a good thing.


I just couldn't get behind tanking. I'm not sure that's even possible given the coliseum culture of the NFL. Whatever. It just feels like intentionally losing for the chance to draft the next Ryan Leaf is a bad idea. 


I thought they had a chance to beat the Giants but it turns out the Giants defense knew the Patriots offense better than the Patriots. 


I'm not sure which is the chicken and which is the egg. Is the Patriots offense easier to read than Goodnight Moon because the coaches don't trust the quarterbacks? Or are the quarterbacks failing because not even Dan Marino could fit a football into the mouse-house windows McCorkle and Zappe are throwing at when three defensive backs are already running to the spot where the wide receiver is supposed to be?


As is usually the case in life, it's probably a little bit of both.


Worst of all, the Patriots aren't even entertaining. Who am I tuning in to watch on this team? They aren't bad enough to be funny. I mean, the Jets managed to turn an end-of-half Hail Mary into a Pick-6. That is shoot-your-television hilarious.


Winter is coming to Foxborough.


Just not fast enough.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment