Thursday, January 19, 2017

Wishful Things

Look, I'll take the W however it comes. But last week's game took a lot out of me. It was a five vodkas game. My liver could really use a blowout this Sunday.

Let's start with...



4 TD Passes for Tom Brady to 4 Different Receivers…
One of them a 40+ yard bomb to Chris Hogan.

Brady has a history of bouncing back from those rare stink bombs like the Houston game. Or maybe it's just that TB12 is consistently good. He isn't bouncing back so much as returning to form. Whatever. I think New England will actually run the ball against Pittsburgh so I don't expect a 400 yard game from Tom Terrific. Instead he'll be deadly efficient with play action.

LeGarrette Blount Poses With the End Zone Militia…
My wife loves LG. Come to think of it, so do I.

Right behind Shaq Mason and James Develin, straight to the end zone and into the warm embrace of his Revolutionary War re-enactor buddies.

Malcolm Butler Steals Antonio Brown's Pizza…

Aren't we all waiting for Butler or Logan Ryan to get an interception in coverage on Brown, take it to the house, then mime taking a selfie as their TD celebration? Please oh please, Gridiron Gods; make this happen!

Ben Roethlisberger Spends the Evening Wearing a Trey Flowers Suit…
I think it would look good on him. But just to be sure, I think he should try on the Rob Ninkovich, the Dont'a Hightower and the Malcom Brown. You know, just to be sure.

Dion Lewis Returns Another Kick for a TD…
I'd be just as happy with two 40+ yard returns and no fumbles. I'll take the field position.

I do expect another big game from the Patriots human lucky charm (a) because he is that good and (b) he wants to put those two fumbles in the rear view. Sure, it will be hard to match the 3 TDs, one if by land, air and kick but I'll be keeping my eye on 33 any time he's on the field in this game.

Elandon Roberts Puts the Clamps on Le'Veon Bell
The rookie run-stopper has shown a knack for shooting gaps and taking down running backs before they can get started. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but could the Patriots defense turn Bell's patient stop and go running style against him by getting to him when he stops and before he goes?

I want to see Roberts on the cover of the next Sports Illustrated with his arms full of Le'Veon Bell.

Julian Edelman Does Julian Edelman...
You know he's going to talk. You know there's a 50/50 chance he winds up drawing a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. And you know Brady is going to find him 10 times for 120 yards. It's a package deal.

Belichick and his Coaches Will Have a Plan for Pittsburgh Like Patton Had a Plan for Rommel…
I suppose that goes without saying because, well, yeah. Belichick.

Patriots 47, Steelers 16…
Back in the day, Rodney Harrison would've spent this week talking about respect. Specifically, the lack of it being paid to this Patriots defense. The doubters throwing shade at Tom Brady. I've got a feeling Dont'a Hightower has been doing his best Rodney this week. I loved his response to Mike Tomlin's assholes comment: "Is that supposed to hurt my feelings?"

Yeah, they heard what Tomlin said.

Yeah, it's going to matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment