Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday Morning Coffee and Contemplations

Coffee. And bagels with cream cheese. It's a good start.


The only downside to Ryan Grigson getting fired is that it's made Colts fans even happier than Patriots fans. Come to think of it, I'd actually be happier if the Colts hadn't fired Grigson. It isn't easy to keep a team with a QB like Andrew Luck out of the playoffs. Grigson was certainly a rare talent in that respect. Yeah. I'm going to miss him.

Anxiously awaiting the league's investigation into #FireAlarmGate. Not to mention Bill Belichick's press conference in which he quotes "The Towering Inferno."

Reporter: Coach Belichick, are you generally aware of fire alarms?

Belichick: I'm not a cheeseburger. I am certainly aware that fire or some source of heat is required to make a cheeseburger or even a plain hamburger though why you would have a hamburger if a cheeseburger was an option I really don't know about that.

Reporter: Your quarterback, Tom Brady -

Belichick: I am generally aware of who my quarterback is.

Reporter: Right. Brady is pretty religious about his sleep patterns. Do you think disrupting the sleep patterns of your opponents constitutes a competitive advantage?

Belichick: As I already said, I'm not a cheeseburger.

Reporter: But Coach Belichick -

Belichick: I'm not a cheeseburger.

Reporter: Coach -

Belichick: I'm not a cheeseburger.

And scene.


Did Aaron Rodgers legally change his name to "The Great Aaron Rodgers?" Lately it seems like the pigskin pundits and bobbleheads can't help but provide "The Great" prefix whenever they refer to Rodgers. I heard it again this morning from Hannah Storm on ESPN. I get that the guy needs a cool nickname but is this it? Matt Ryan is Matty Ice. Roethlisberger is Big Ben. Tom Brady is Tom Terrific, Tommy Touchdown, TB12, The Icy Commander, Young Odin or Perfect Tommy (the last three may only be used in my household but whatever). The Great? How about Darin' Aaron? Yeah, not good. Jolly Rodgers? Hmm. That's even worse. Okay. The Great it is.

My weather app is predicting heavy drinking from 6:00pm tonight through midnight with a bleary start to Monday morning.

Go Pats!

No comments:

Post a Comment