Friday, January 15, 2016

The X, Y and Z Factors

Hey, we're all kind of questionable, aren't we?

Just me?


So, yeah, I'm still trying to talk myself into this one. 

Here goes…

Best Reason Patriots Will Win

#1 – The League and the Networks want Brady vs. Manning

Hit me baby, one more time. 

Watch who gets flagged and when in this one. It could definitely be a thing. 

#2 – Bill Belichick is Blowing Smoke up Andy Reid's Ass with the Injury Report

Easy to believe, isn't it? Even if you're a Patriots' fan. (Still okay to hate the haters.) We all know how much Belichick hates the Injury Report. It helps your opponent. It endangers the players. Nothing to do with gambling. Move along now. Nothing to see here. 

#3 – Hype Tapes

The Star Wars hype tape was epic. Edelman's is really good. I expect Brady will post his on game day. Watch them. They'll make you feel better. Trust me.

#4 – Momentum Only Exists in Physics

Much has been made of the Chiefs' 11-game winning streak. Much has also been made of the Patriots' limping 2-4-0 finish to the 2015 regular season. Neither will matter Saturday night. A myriad of factors will impact the outcome but just because somebody missed a block that led to a sack that led to a fumble that led to a score back in November. 

Which is really, really good, of course.

#5 – Tom Brady is Awesome

I know. Obvious. Yes.

Look, I think it's going to come down to the guys who aren't hurt. Which is not that bad an option. That's a pretty good list of some pretty good football players who aren't on the injury report, after all. Jabaal Sheard. James White. Malcom Brown. Steven Jackson. Jamie Collins. Keshawn Martin. Geneo Grissom.

That's right. Geneo Grissom.

I'm going to go watch those hype tapes again.


No comments:

Post a Comment