Monday, November 14, 2011

I Can't Look Away

I know I shouldn’t let myself enjoy this.  I’m swilling a dry schadenfreude martini with a twist of lemon.  I will pay for it.  And yet, it is so, so very delicious.  I think I'll have another.



The Jets lose like they do everything else: Loudly and publicly.  Rex Ryan throws a tantrum and his QB under the bus with amazing athleticism for a man his size.  Ryan called QB Mark Sanchez’s timeout near the end of the first half, a timeout that ultimately gave Tom Brady enough time to drive for a go-ahead touchdown, the stupidest play in NFL history.  Clearly, it was not the stupidest play in NFL history.  (I’m not sure what the stupidest play in NFL history is but Dan Orlovsky “scrambling” out of the end zone for the Lions as way stupider than Sanchez’s timeout.  Ergo, Sanchez’s timeout is not the stupidest play in NFL history.  But I digress.  Parenthetically.) 

In essence, Ryan was calling Sanchez stupid. 

Does Sanchez make anybody’s Top 10 Smartest NFL QB’s list? 

Still, it seems mean to say it out loud.

Stupidhead.

Yeah.  It's mean.

But Ryan wasn’t through stomping his feet.  On his way off the field, Ryan engaged in this bit of Wildean repartee:

Fan: “Hey, Rex!  Belichick is better than you.”

Rex: “Shut the fuck up!”

Seriously, Rex? 

Everyone knows the correct response is, “That’s not what your mother said last night!”



No comments:

Post a Comment