Monday, February 13, 2023

Pigskin Fin

Huzzah and congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs, your SB LVII champions!


Aside from being completely wrong about everything I said would happen in this game and being victimized by my own drinking game (the coffee and aspirin are starting to work… I think), it was quite the exciting Super Bowl.


Okay, I was right about one thing (my fellow party-goers can bear witness). Despite dominating the Chiefs statistically in the first half, the Eagles let the Chiefs hang around. The fumble-scoop-and-score had a lot to do with that, of course. Instead of 24-14 at the half, it felt like, I don't know, like it was 28-3.


Okay, it wasn't even close to 28-3 but you could almost see it coming. 


You have to give credit to the Chiefs and Andy Reid, though. I mean, how is Travis Kelce of all people, that open in the red zone? Was there anything other than turf anywhere near Skyy Moore on his TD catch? 


How does that even happen?


Crazy good play design.


Respect. 


And now, we begin again.


Go Pats!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment